10.1.12

Christmas and New Year 2012

Okey guys, I'm back! My beloved friend Anna has stayed with us in Sydney for a week now and I've got to speak Swedish all day every day. Yeyyyy!! :)  So from now on I'll write my blog posts in English again.

Christmas month of December started with a Lucia mass at the Swedish church here in Sydney. Lucia is a Nordic tradition where one girl is elected 'Lucia' - the bearer of light, and she walks around with candles on her hair and sings songs. That's the short version, OK?

There were also a few guys in the Lucia proceedings, known as stjärngossar, a.k.a. 'star boys'...

On Christmas eve we turned on the blue lighting decoration that's on our balcony
..and lit a bird on fire.

I was working on X-mas day, Boxing day and the rest so we only really celebrated on Christmas eve.

Marcus mum paid us a visit from New Zealand over Christmas and New Years. We drank some fine wine, hit the shops and the sales and had a fabulous New Years Eve at the Taronga Zoo!!


NYE 2012!!


Didn't take any pictures of the fireworks, I was wayyy too mesmerized!

1 comment:

  1. yaaay, i LOVE the blog written in english, i can finally understand more than just 50% of it:D keep it going like that! :)

    ReplyDelete