31.1.12

My January holiday


So I had one week off from work this month. Wohoo!! Anna had arrived from Finland a few days before and we started off by going to the Kooks concert here in Sydney.

The first thing I did on my first day off was to paint my nails in different bright colours. As I work for airlines it's really strict regarding grooming and we're only allowed french manicure or clear polish. This was my way to REALLY feel like I'm on holiday. Plus it put a smile on my face every time I looked at my hands.

One evening we went up to the Sky Tower, Sydney's highest building (I believe). They have a bar up hiiiigh on the top and we had some wine and snacks while we watched the sun set over the city.

We also had time to visit the Museum of Sydney. They have an exhibition on at the moment called Surf City. It's about how surfing has developed in Sydney over the years. Definitely worth seeing!
EDIT. Just realized you've seen this picture before! hahhah! Here's me 'surfing' again..
The pictures below are from Manly, one of Sydney's best surf beaches.

The rest of my holiday was spent eating, drinking, relaxing, walking (from Coogee to Bondi), watching movies - I hadn't seen Bridesmaids until now, soooo funny!, we also saw the Descendants at the cinema - very much worth seeing!, paddling on a board at Bondi (wouldn't call it surfing..), having a one hour massage, voting in the Finnish presidential elections, applying for a new passport and lots of other fun stuff. It's just too bad that one week goes by so quickly. I'm longing for another holiday already! (fingers crossed that we get to fly staff travel to Byron Bay in a few weeks time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment