12.12.10

Half moon bay

Today we went for a bicycle ride. I can't get my head around saying push bike, for me it equals  --->

It's been a while since I was on a bike last and one hour of riding up and down hills in the burning sunshine took its toll. I'm not complaining about the heat but maaan it was hot. We cycled to Half moon bay, which is where the boat to Auckland city leaves from. We might bike there and take the boat in to the city on Tuesday for some shopping. We stopped for a coffee (Marcus) and lemonade (me) at the bay before we headed back. (mmmmm... lemonade!..)
This is me the other day with my bike. This is NOT the outfit I wore today, I would have collapsed and had a heat stroke at the first hill! I think I look like a mix of an old lady and a teenage boy on this picture. Old lady from like waist up. And check out the pink helmet! hahah I seriously haven't worn a helmet since I was 13 and no longer had to bike to school because we lived at walking distance. And especially check out the pink Dora the explorer bell. That's like the best part of riding this bike!


Yesterday we completed the task of decorating Marcus dad's Christmas tree. Yes, they have proper pine Christmas trees indoors just like we do. Don't know about the result but decorating was fun!

I've also grown horns since arriving in NZ..
Got a bit carried away and decorated the railing as well.

If you are wondering where we are staying at the moment it would be this house

with this lazy cat
also known as Molly

1 comment:

  1. haha looks great on the bike!
    love the outfit :) granny! haha

    have a lovely christmas already!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete