28.12.10

Staying strong

Everyone around me are sick. Literally. People are running to the toilet, sleeping, running to the toilet, sleeping.. and so on. It all started on Christmas Day in the night; Marcus, his brother and brother's fiance took turns to the toilet for puking and other not so fun stuff. I was trying to sleep and praying not to get sick myself because i HATE throwing up! The following day we were supposed to go and see a cricket game, New Zealand vs. Pakistan and I was the only one who wasn't sick. It seemed like we couldn't make the game but in the last minute everyone came together and I got to see my first ever cricket game.

So now we are on day 3 and Marcus stomach isn't back to its normal self yet, the other two are feeling like crap and we just had a phone call from Marcus mum with not so great news. She now has the bug as well since this morning. BUT I STILL FEEL GREAT!! Fingers crossed that I will NOT get this bug.
We were supposed to drive up to the cottage today but this has been postponed since our designated driver still has the bug. Hopefully we'll be on our way tomorrow. We are going to spend New Years at the cottage with Marcus dad and about 20 other people. Should be fun! Just hope the weather's gonna be OK since Marcus and I are sleeping in a tent...

Marcus and I saw the 3rd Millennium movie in cinema yesterday


I thought the movie was great! It completed the trilogy and now all the pieces fell into place. The quality of the film was better than the previous one, of which you can read more here

Despite the puking bug going around I enjoyed Christmas. I wanted to make some Finnish Christmas food on Christmas Eve but realized that I don't know how to make any. So I cooked up some makaronilada instead which everyone seemed to enjoy. Marcus and I exchanged a few gifts on Christmas Eve because that's the tradition where I come from. The next day presents where put under the Christmas tree and Marcus' two nieces, 5 and almost 2 years old, got up early in the morning to open presents. I already knew what Santa had in store for me since me and Marcus had been into the city earlier that week to buy each other stuff.
I got a black lace insert tank and some underwear from my favourite shop peteralexander

Here's a few pictures from our most recent trip to Auckland city. This time we did take the boat over from Half Moon Bay.
Very yummy food!!

If everything goes as planned we will drive up to the cottage tomorrow. I'm not sure if they have Internet access there but hopefully I'll be able to keep you posted over New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment