14.1.11

Sydney

I was going to start by uploading a huge picture of Sydney harbour but I'm on a Mac computer and have no idea how to work this.... so, just imagine any picture you've seen of Sydney. That's where I am!

Arrived on Monday, everything went well. Spent a small fortune on the cab out to the suburb Epping where we are staying at the moment. Marcus cousin Craig and his wife Mel have been kind enough to let us stay in their home while we search for a flat. So far we've been out to Bondi beach, the city centre, Manly and a few other places. Sydney is just as great as I remembered. It's a big city but not a stressful place, people are happy and relaxed and seem to enjoy life.

Tomorrow Marcus and I are going to viewings of three different apartments. Hopefully one of them will be what we're looking for - 1+ bedrooms, balcony/garden, furnished and semi close to surfable water. Saw people surfing at Manly beach today and got the surfing itch real bad.

You might have read about the flooding in Australia. Just to let you know, it's only rained about once or twice in Sydney since we arrived, it's a constant 28 degrees and the sun is shining. It's only up north, in Brisbane and higher that there's been some devastating floods. It's quite humid in the air though, and I'm constantly out of breath when I move but you get used to the humidity after a while.

I have sent a few more job applications but am not too stressed about it. I rather wait until I find a job I really like than just take anything. So life in Oz has started really well, just sipping on a Fijoa (New Zealandish fruit) vodka drink, Marcus is fixing up some yummy cajun chicken salads and we're spending friday night with our new friends. Life could be worse! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment