10.8.11

On a happier note

We went out for some Russian food last weekend. And it was delicious, I must say! Funnily enough I've never been to a Russian restaurant before but it was just as I expected. The place is called the Coachmen and it's near Surry Hills. I highly recommend it if you're after some good homemade food made from fresh produce and I especially recommend the dark rye bread.

Starter: a traditional Russian salad made of herring fillet, potato and beetroot topped with eggs
A Kalinka-Malinka cocktail (made from Russian vodka)
Main course: Cabbage rolls (white cabbage leaves filled with ground beef and rice, cooked in vine ripened tomato sauce, served with sour cream) with dark rye bread on the side
Veal Goulash 
This is what the room looked like after a few Kalinka-Malinkas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment