5.2.11

It's hot !

37,7 degrees to be exact. And it's only 11 o'clock in the morning.. We don't have air conditioning. And I'm stuck inside until 2pm.
I don't normally mind warm weather and don't like to complain about it but this is different. The apartment is super hot, I have all the windows and doors open but there's no breeze coming through. It's one of those days when the sun is burning from a blue sky, there's absolutely no wind, you can see steam rising from the hot asphalt and even the birds are hiding in the shades. I'm stuck inside until the afternoon which is unfortunate for me. The landlord (or a friend?) will come and pick up some stuff from the apartment in a few hours and I need to open the door for them. Because I knew it was going to be a hot day I woke up when Marcus left for work, at 6am. Went for a run to the Royal Botanic Gardens and did some muscle exercises in our local park (they have this cool outdoor set of 'excersise machines'). Our flat still looks like it's been hit by a bomb so I emptied my suitcases and put them away to have more room. I'll also need to clean up a little bit before the landlord comes, don't wanna give a bad impression. On top of that I have to study for a test I have on Monday at the airport. For this we have to read a 52 page booklet - Sydney Airport Security Awareness Guide. And all of this in 37,7 degrees. Jei.

This thing that Marcus brought me as a souvenir from Spain is maybe the best thing ever! It's now permanently attached to my hand and it's providing my face with a breeze of air wherever I go in the flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment