4.2.11

I'm back!

Sorry for the pause but my excuse is that we've moved to the new flat and didn't have an Internet connection (which is a very good excuse in my opinion). Now we have one, yeyyyy! Internet connection I mean. But I'll also have to apologize for any spelling mistakes as the spell checker doesn't seem to work properly on the old computer. (Haven't been able to connect to the Internet from my new computer, long story).
So anyways, all is good here! I'm still alive and well, although Australia has been hit by some disasters lately
there's the floodings in Queensland (up North from Sydney)...

and the tropical cyclone Yasi that hit the Northern part of Australia. Luckily no one was hurt though!

but here in Sydney it's pretty much looked like this since we arrived!

We've moved to the new apartment now (I'll put some pictures later) and are much closer to the city. It's been really hot the last weeks, 33-39 degrees during the day and I'm lying in a pool of sweat for most of the time. Therefore the cleaning of the flat is progressing slowly. I did however clean the wardrobe yesterday and hung up some of my clothes. Job interview shirts have now been tucked away as I've landed a job! :) :) Yep, my new job starts in a week. I will be working for these guys
as part of their ground handling team at Sydney International and Domestic airports. In the future you can find me there at the check-in counters or departure gates, working for airlines such as 


sending off passengers to destinations like Fiji, Cook Islands, Tonga, Papua New Guinea, Bangkok, Bali, Honolulu and Tokyo. Training starts on Monday the 14th, can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations to your new job!!! likelikelike!!! aren't you a lucky girl:) im sure its gonna be a very exciting new task...i love airports, they always make you feel as if you are on holiday yourself:) can't wait to hear more about your first couple of days at work...
    yeah the queensland flooding is all over the news here. glad you guys are safe! and apparently you can't complain bout the temperatures;) very jealous...looking forward to spring in europe, it's about time:)
    enjoy the sun and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grattis grattis grattis!! :) Helt jättefint att du fick jobbet, va det inte flygfältet du talade om då vi träffades? Många många kramar! Mailar dej snart och berättar vad som pågår här!

    Malena

    ReplyDelete