19.2.11

swedish / svenska

Guys, I realized something today - I've started to think in English. This is both a good and a bad thing. A good thing, because it means that I master the English language really well and all the words I need come to me naturally. But at the same time it's bad because i could potentially loose my Swedish language skills. Not to mention Finnish. And I don't want this to happen.
So I've decided to start writing my blog in Swedish again, like in did in the beginning. I don't know anyone here that I can speak Swedish or Finnish to and writing in Swedish would at least be one way of remembering the language. But I won't completely forget you, my English friends, so I will write regular updates and stuff in English to keep you on the track. And if you have any plans of starting to learn Swedish then reading my blog will definitely be helpful, haha! :)

3 comments:

  1. Can I presume that Swedish is your native language? I can't think in English and definitely I didn't master the English language (unfortunately) but I just can't imagine myself forgetting the Portuguese (my tongue mother)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you're right - Swedish is my native language. But I hardly speak Swedish to anyone anymore, just to my family back home on skype every now and then. When I do speak Swedish now I find that some words don't come to me easy, I know them in English but find it hard to translate. Add to this the Finnish language (which is completely different from any other language) and you have one verbally handicapped Jess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very interesting. I've discussed the issue with a friend and according to him, in our case here in Brazil, it wouldn't be a problem to forget the Portuguese (spoken only in few places around the world), our main problem is not to speak English yet. Now I'm curious about your blog. About what do you usually write? tack för svar på min första meddelandet (by Google...hope it makes sense) :-)Tad

    ReplyDelete